28 June 2010

Easy Installation of the Crystal Film For the iPad From Power Support (No Video)

I just finished the very easy installation of the Crystal Film for the iPad from Power Support,
http://bit.ly/1dUQVO. It took more time to prepare the "clean room" than it did to apply the screen protector itself. I had read that the bathroom would be a good location in which to work because of little air movement and less dust.

First I watched the Power Support Youtube "How To" videos about the "iPod" screen protector application procedure. I then taped plastic over the bathroom air vent. I assembled all the needed items. Some Scotch tape, just in case. A brand new microfiber eyeglass cloth I happened to have and an older microfiber cloth. I ran the shower to add a little humidity to the air and settle any dust. I removed the film from the mailer and packaging in another room and placed it in the clean room. I closed the door, read the directions and washed my hands. I cleaned the iPad screen first with the older cloth, then the new cloth. After three attempts, the alignment was spot on and I slowly curled the backing from the film and let gravity and the static properties of the protector do the work. In less than two minutes the film was applied and four small air bubbles near one edge were rubbed out. Nice! Was I lucky or is the Power Support screen protector easy to apply?

BE CAREFUL! I suggest cutting off the flap of the product package once it is opened and before you remove the film. The adhesive may contaminate the film, as it did mine. After the film was applied, I easily removed three very small bits of adhesive I found on the film by rubbing with a microfiber cloth. The Scotch tape may work on larger blotches. I don't know.

I selected the Crystal Film over the Anti-Glare hoping to preserve the clarity of the iPad screen. I do not know if the AG film would effect the clarity but I did notice a reduction in definition when I applied a competitor's anti-glare film on my iPod Touch last year.

Of course, the feel of the screen protector is not as slick and sexy as the naked glass but it feels fine and it appears the clarity is little effected. I feel more comfortable now that the iPad screen is better protected from the heavy use it will receive.

Posted via email from Preposterouz by Iquitoz

No comments: