28 November 2008

Sauerbraten Thanksgiving

Several years ago we changed our traditional Thanksgiving meal from turkey and the typical trimmings to sauerbraten and new trimmings such as pumpkin soup, potato pancakes and lemon pie. Why? Several reasons. The wife has NEVER prepared a turkey. Someone else always did the work. Secondly, our son's favorite meal prepared by one of his grandmothers was sauerbraten. In honor of her memory, we began this new tradition.

Below are a few views of our meal:


Thanksgiving table


Sonja and the potato pancakes


Drew carving the sauerbraten and comments about Hell's Kitchen


Sauerbraten and potato pancakes

Did anyone ask the perennial question: Where does jello come from?

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving dinner.

∆±

2 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

I don't see the jello, but perhaps it's such a standard for me that I don't notice it anymore than I notice cutlery. I don't think I've ever had a traditional family dinner without it.

xo
Sherry & SB, of course

Pippa said...

It's a long time since we've had anything remotely traditional at mealtimes.

Those potato pancakes look delicious. They may inspire me for the weekend.

Kate